Local 1613 of the National Border Patrol Council is the exclusive representative of approximately 2100 Border Patrol Agents and support personnel assigned to eight Border Patrol stations throughout the San Diego Sector of the U.S. Border Patrol. The National Border Patrol Council, Local 1613 endeavors to aggressively and successfully continue "Protecting Those Who Protect Our Borders!"
The Local 1613 Executive Board is comprised of seven officers, all current or retired U.S. Border Patrol Agents who were elected to their positions by the membership. Directors, Lead Station Representatives, and Station Representatives are appointed by the Executive Board, and like the Executive Board are uncompensated volunteers who spend a majority of their personal time representing and assisting their fellow members, and taking care of the administrative matters for the Local.
Although union membership is not mandatory, Local 1613 maintains a 94% membership rate among eligible Border Patrol Agents assigned to San Diego Sector, offering a testament to the level of service provided to members. Some of the services we provide are as follows:
· Access to the Peace Officers Research Association of California (PORAC) Legal Defense Fund (LDF);
· Legal Service Plan, separate from PORAC LDF, to cover major "within scope of employment" administrative actions;
· Representation for workplace issues;
· An extensive Safety and Security program;
· Assistance with OWCP related claims;
· Expert advice pertaining to EEO;
· Local lobbying efforts;
· Access to defined group benefits at significant discounts;
NOTE: Local 1613 is a non-partisan organization and does not make political contributions to political parties or candidates.